Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dinner --12/21/08

Chili's Grill & Bar
5804 Bosque Blvd.
Waco, TX 76710

254.776.8330

http://www.chilis.com/

6:35 - 7:30 PM

$$

Ramona: a bowl of Chili and Caesar salad, iced tea, paradise pie

Jim: Mushroom Swiss burger, iced tea, fudge brownie w/ ice cream

Of all the times I've been to Chili's over the last twenty years, I don't remember ever ordering their chili, so I decided to try it. I'm sorry I did; I think it would have been just as good if I had opened a can of chili from the grocery store. But it inspired me to dig out my own recipe and make a pot of Santa Fe Stew a few days later. The paradise pie was very good, but I couldn't eat it all. It had coconut in it, so I couldn't share it with Jim.

Jim was disappointed in his burger also; it had mayonnaise and pickles on it. He sent it back for a new bun, one without the mayo, etc. When it came back, the cheese was gone as well. But he finished it off anyway. He was more restrained than I was in his dessert selection, having one of their little mini dessert shots.

--Ramona

No comments: