Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lunch -- 1/20/08

Panera Bread #915
2516 West Loop 340
Central Texas Marketplace
Waco, TX 76701
254.662.0700

http://www.panerabread.com/

2:00 - 3:00 PM

Ramona: Chicken Salad sandwich on sesame/semolina bread, pickle, chips, diet Pepsi
Jim: Chicken Caesar sandwich on sourdough, chips, cup of cream of chicken and rice soup, slice of baguette, iced tea

I am not sure what "panera" means, but I wouldn't be surprised if it meant outstanding. We both love the bread -- always fresh, and frequently warm, as was the slice of baguette I picked for my side with the soup. The soup was also good -- not scalding hot, as some like it.

We have never had a bad lunch at Panera Bread, and it is one of our treasured treats before heading over to Books-a-Million on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

One thing on this visit, however, left a small blemish. They were completely out of lemons. I will never understand how restaurants can run out of staples -- cups, lids, napkins, lemons. Lots of places in this part of Texas have stopped carrying lemon for their tea. What kind of people drink iced tea with no lemon? Especially considering the awful tasting Waco water; lemons are essential, but don't get me started on lemons filled with seeds.

-Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't try the Panera Bread in Addison - it was awful - I had French Onion Soup which was way too salty and the Greek salad which was drenched in way too much dressing. It was the first bad meal I've ever had at Panera so I was really disappointed. Maybe it was just a bad night but now I'm not inclined to try it again!

Kay

Jim & Ramona's Restaurant Journey said...

We've not had a bad experience with anything we've ordered at the Panera Bread in Waco. Give it another try!