Sunday, May 11, 2008

breakfast -- 5/11/08

Denny's
1100 S. 9th St
Waco, TX 76706

254.753.7882

10:30 to 11:20 AM

http://www.dennys.com/en/

Ramona: Two-egg breakfast, bacon, sauasgae, English muffin, OJ, coffee

Jim: Grand Slam (two eggs sunny side up, sausage, grits, English muffin, coffee

When I first moved to Waco, I lived down 9th street from this Denny's. I would go there often since it was convenient and inexpensive. I never really felt comfortable there, and today was no different. This Denny's (like most I have been in with a couple of exceptions) are all the same -- noisy, cramped, and sticky. I never feel as if I am in a clean environment there.

Every time a server or a customer passed behind me, I got a back rub. Our order was also messed up, and if it were not for the "buy-one-get-one free" coupon, I would have seriously not known what we were charged. The server made a mistake on my order and a mistake entering it for the ticket. This Denny's, at least, is off our list for breakfast.

-Jim

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Cool blog!! We like to eat also but not as much as we did before we started eating organically. But I will check back often!!