Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dinner -- 06/09/09

Cottage Inn
570 Eastern Parkway
Louisville, KY 40217

502.637.4325

6:00 - 6:45 p.m.

$

Jim: Chicken tenders, French fries, corn, lemon meringue pie, iced tea

Ramona: 1/4 fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy, cole slaw, coconut cream pie, iced tea

"Southern comfort food" is this restaurant's motto and they've been dishing it up since 1929 - great food, great service, great value. Everything we had was so good, we're thinking about going back tomorrow night. Wednesday night is all "you can eat" fried chicken (plus two sides) for $9.99. Since I had fried chicken tonight, I think I'll try the beef liver and onions or chicken livers.

Jim and I were both pleased with our dessert choices, but tomorrow night, I want to try a slice of homemade pound cake or carrot cake. And a basket of fried okra, which was under appetizers and I missed that tonight! I overheard someone at a nearby table talking about the okra, but it wasn't listed as a side item.

--Ramona

No comments: