Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dinner -- 06/15/09

Parkside Grill
338 N. Peters Road
Knoxville, TN

865.862.5358

$$

Jim: Caesar salad, Parkside fish and chips, French fries, cole slaw, iced tea

Ramona: Kickin' Chicken (chicken breast, lightly breaded and deep fried, topped with creamy cravy), white cheddar mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, cole slaw, iced tea

It's not the restaurant I was looking for but it turned out fine. Jim says his fish and chips were the best he's ever had. They use grouper and serve it with a homemade remoulade sauce. He wasn't too crazy about the sauce, but everything else was excellent. I had a few bites of the Caesar salad and it was terrific. I also had a taste of his cole slaw and asked the waitress to bring me a side order of that. My chicken was kickin' and I loved the white cheddar mashed potatoes. This was a great dinner to see us on for another seventeen hours of driving!

--Ramona

No comments: