Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dinner -- 3/17/08

Uncle Dan's Bar B Que
1001 Lake Air Dr.
Waco, TX 76710
254.772.3532

http://www.uncledansbbq.com/

6:00 - 7:00 PM

Ramona: Brisket plate with potato salad, barbecue beans, cheesecake, iced tea

Jim: Three-meat plate (Turkey, turkey, brisket) mashed potatoes, barbecue beans, cherry cobbler, iced tea

Uncle Dan's is a Waco institution, and the best barbecue around these parts. I especially like the turkey, that is why it is always two of my three meats. The beans are good, and so is the potato salad. I am not sure why I got mashed instead of potato salad, but they were good, nonetheless. The brisket was tender and juicy.

Of course our absolute favorite barbecue is far away -- in Shelby, NC, near Ramona's childhood home. Bridge's is light years above any we have eaten anywhere. We especially love their hush puppies and sauce. Sticky Fingers in Charleston, SC, is in second place, so I guess that makes Uncle Dan's #3.

-Jim

No comments: