Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dinner -- 7/13/08

. Mama Baris
904 N Valley Mills Dr
Waco, TX 76710
254-772-2900

6:00 -6:50 PM

Ramona: Meatball parmigiana sub, iced tea

Jim: Chicken parmigiana with spaghetti, iced tea

Shared: Small Baris salad

As we revisit this local favorite restaurants, we try and sample something new. Ramona did an admirable job picking this good sized meatball sub. I have had it before, and we both love it.

The key ingredient here is the roll. These are as good as any I can get in Philly for steak sandwiches and hoagies.

I didn't do so well. I simply felt like one of my old favorites. Next time, I am going to try the "Philly cheese steak." But I will offer a stern warning now to all Waco restaurants that claim to offer this delicacy -- NO BELL PEPPERS! No self respecting "Faluffian" puts bell peppers on a cheese steak.

-Jim

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

MAMA BARIS IS THE BEST!!! We just returned from Philly and we ate at Pat's! No bell peppers there and the sandwich was really great!