Monday, September 1, 2008

Dinner -- 8/30/08

Olive Garden #1222
5921 W. Waco Dr. at Richland Mall
Waco, TX 76710-6356

254.751.1667

http://www.olivegarden.com/default_f.asp

Ramona: Salad, bread sticks, Ravioli di Portobello, meatball, iced tea

Jim: Salad, bread sticks, Seafood Portofino (mussels, shrimp, scallops, over linguini with alfredo sauce), iced tea

What better way to celebrate the end of the summer than dinner out. We had a hard time deciding where to go, but an almost-expired coupon from Olive Garden helped make the decision easier. This is another restaurant that was on our questionable list at one time (mostly because we prefer locally owned restaurants over chains), but the last few visits have been great and so we have no qualms about it any more.

Everything was served at the appropriate temperature and was tasty. Our waitress did not hover but brought refills promptly when needed.

Jim and Ramona

1 comment:

bettybooptx said...

I love Olive Garden and my recent visit on Friday Aug.29th was even better. It had been several months since my last visit--maybe even close to a year, so I was excited about going. I ordered the Brased Beef and Totillini and is was fabulous. The beef was so tender it almost melted in my mouth. The cheese tortellini was great. Thier salad & breadsticks are always perfect to the whole meal was a complete #10 !! Oh, I also got a glass of thier house blush wine but I cannot remember the name except that it started with a "P".It was also excellant--smooth, not too sweet and perfect with my meal.
(got your blog address from the article in Monday's paper)