Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lunch -- 9/06/08

Capt. Billy Whizzbangs
901 Lake Air Dr.
Waco, TX 76710

254.776.4155

12:50-1:30 p.m.

Jim: Cheeseburger, French fries, iced tea

Ramona: Cheeseburger, French fries, diet Coke

This was our first visit to Capt. Billy Whizzbangs since we started this blog, although not our first visit. We've been trying to cut down on red meat this year, saving up for steak (or some other beef dish) once a week. We may have overdone it a little this week. However, we were in the mood for a hamburger after spending the morning helping out with voter registration and every blog about food in Waco should have an entry for this place, right?

Entering Capt. Billy Whizzbangs is like taking a trip back to the 50s. It reminds me of a diner a la "Happy Days." The menu is pretty limited -- burgers, hot dogs -- but they make a pretty mean burger here. A little too much mustard for my liking, but I need to remember to ask for less next time. Jim made fun of me when I asked what kind of French fries they had, but I wanted to know. They did offer tater tots as an alternative! By the way, the fries were good!

Ramona

No comments: