Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lunch -- 11/01/08

KFC #196
1030 N. Valley Mills Dr.
Waco, TX 76710

254.772.0131

1:30 - 2:00 p.m.

$

Ramona: 1 breast meal, mashed potatoes with gravy, cole slaw, biscuit, diet Pepsi

Jim: 3 pieces chicken (1 breast, 1 wing, 1 leg), biscuit, Dr. Pepper

To me, KFC will always be Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I LOVE the original recipe. A KFC chicken breast, mashed potatoes with gravy, and cole slaw is the ultimate comfort meal. It's one of those meals that I sometimes get cravings for and today was the day.

When I mentioned to Jim that I was thinking about KFC, he said he had thought about it too! Luckily, Jim likes KFC, although we do go to Bush's much more often. Unfortunately for him, KFC was out of iced tea today. He had to settle for a Dr. Pepper instead.

Maybe it was the lateness of our meal (1:30) and the chicken had been sitting for a while. I don't know what the reason, but somehow it didn't taste as wonderful to me today. We both thought the breasts were smaller than usual as well. I hope it was just a bad day and not the beginning of a trend.

Ramona

No comments: